Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hearing Voices

People may think you're weird if you were to say, "I talk to God."
Some people would think you're certifiably insane if you were to say, "God talks to me."

Yet, hearing His voice is normal for the believer. Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice."
Is it an audible voice? His Spirit speaks to my spirit.

Dan Rather once asked Mother Teresa, "Do you talk to God?"

"Yes", she replied.

"What do you say in your conversations with God?"

"I mostly listen", was her reply.

"What does God say to you, then?"

"He mostly listens, too."

I like that. I get it. My wife and I often communicate with each other without either one of us saying a word. People in close relationships--good friends--find that rather easy to do.

That's the kind of relationship God wants with each one of His children.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."


No comments: