Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In the Shack

A friend recommended "The Shack" by Wm. P. Young. I get lots of book recommendations, and even a few books as gifts (thanks, Roy!). Rarely do I get a recommendation like this one; "Have you read The Shack yet? Whatever else you're reading put it down and read this first!"

It wasn't just the invitation, but the look on his face--eyes twinkling, huge grin--he was glowing. This story had obviously made a huge impact on his life, in his thinking.

So I'm in the shack right now... More later.

Favorite idea:
“Do all paths lead to God?”
“Not at all; most roads don’t lead anywhere, but God will travel down any road to find you.”

2 comments:

MaryMartha said...

Hi, I was looking for the lyrics to "Joy Comes in the Morning" and found it in one of your posts. Thanks! A neat story of how God used it.
I read "The Shack" recently and wrote about it on my blog: http://findingthefaithway.blogspot.com --if you are interested. MM

"pastor" Jim Thompson said...

MM: thanks for dropping by. I peaked in on your blog -- very nice. I will be a regular reader.

JimT