Saturday, March 21, 2009

Driven No More

I've wasted too much time being driven... by guilt, by purpose, by self-preservation.
God doesn't want us driven by any of these things (sorry Rick) or anything else. He wants us to be led. And He wants to be the One doing the leading.

You drive cattle. You lead sheep. To not be driven by the expectations of God or man, but simply following the Living God... there's freedom in that... and adventure... and peace.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
(Jesus of Nazareth, quoted in the Gospel of
John, 10:27-30)

1 comment:

Darla said...

Uhmmm yeah. {hangs head}