Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back from LA

That's not Los Angeles, but the postal abbreviation for Louisiana. My son and I flew down last Friday for a family wedding on Saturday and then returned Monday night. My daughter had flown out Thursday and was one of the bridesmaids.

The wedding was beautiful. My older brother's oldest child, his only daughter, was radiant. I was so proud of my brother--he's the man!

It was bittersweet--first time I've been back in 25 years (much baggage, I'll explain in a later post). Saw the old house where I lived from ages 13 to 20. Sad how things change over time.

Got me some Johnny's Pizza. The best pizza in the world is found only in Northern Louisiana. Love their "Sweep the Kitchen", includes everything but the sink. And gorged on the "Sweep the Swamp"--crab, shrimp, crawfish, andouille sausage, bell peppers... ah-yee!, man that's good eatin'!!

First time I'd seen my brother and sister and their families in seven years--since Dad's funeral back in 2002. It was a great trip... just way too short.

No comments: