Monday, May 14, 2007

May 14: Go Vols!

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.” (Jeremiah 29:10-14)

There are those who pray, “God, show me your will” and remain frustrated at the apparent silence. There are those who say, “God, I will do whatever you show me. I volunteer in advance for anything you want me to do, just show me your will.”

The latter is the attitude God desires and the prayer that He answers. Which prayer reflects the posture of your heart today?

~ Father, use me today for your glory, I willingly submit to Your will. Amen.

1 comment:

Was said...

That is so true....God is never silent...His silence is an obvious answer and His sound is an obvious noise. Allow us, as Raleigh Heights, to move in one spirit and seek His will rather than wait for something loud. In His silence we can find Him....maybe that is where I am struggling...I seek His answers rather than working with Him

God Bless

was