Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

We started off the day, dark and cold, with a sunrise service at a local park. It was neat to see people from the community gathering, moving around in the pre-dawn shadows, to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. We had a very inspiring service on Thursday night with lots of music and dramatic sketches. It ended on a very somber note. But on Easter there was an excitement, anticipation, for what was to come.

I love the singing. A couple of guys from our group sang a song called "Arise, my love" which speculated about the words God spoke to Jesus on that first "Lord's Day"--powerful. Very moving. Thanks Mark and Jeremy for making this Easter so memorable!

3 comments:

Darla said...

Is this the song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMHyGh0RgCA

(You know how I love my utube).

If it is the song it's absolutely beautiful and I've heard it many times. Always brings a tear (but then these days what doesn't bring a tear...)

"pastor" Jim Thompson said...

That's the one! Thanks for sharing!
JimT

Darla said...

*curtsey* I have it saved on my favorites. I love to listen to it.