Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mar. 14: God's Cathedral

Yesterday was incredible! A couple of friends and I were able to go kayaking—the first time in the water in months. In our neck of the woods we had our first 70°+ day since last Fall. The river was smooth, the wind calm and the sky blue and cloudless—beautiful.

We enjoyed playing in the wakes of the yachts and fishing boats. We saw an eagle soar. I love these times on the water, not too many man-made objects in site, just enjoying the beauty of God’s creation. It is in the outdoors, God’s cathedral, that I most intimately worship my Creator.

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.” (Acts 17:24-25)

His words are recalled from memory as the eagle takes flight: “But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)

As I’m taken in by the reflection of the trees in the mirror-like surface I am reminded of the Psalm: “Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” (Psalms 1:1-3) I whisper a prayer that I may anchor my life in Him and reflect His majesty.

As new vegetation and flowers are just beginning to respond to the changes in weather the verse comes to mind, “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:19) God, help me to be aware of the ‘new things’ you want to do in my heart and in Your world. God, help me to see the ‘new thing’ and the potential in the people You place in my path each day.

Ah, yes! It was a good day. My soul is refreshed, my spirit soars! Where do you feel closest to God? I pray you are able to go to that place soon…and often.

~Father, thank You for this beauty of nature and the reminders I find there of Your provision and grace. Help me to worship You today and everyday, in Spirit and in Truth. Amen.

No comments: