Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm Going For It!


In March we'll be heading over to Virginia Beach where I will be participating (not competing, realistically speaking, except against myself) in the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon--13.1 miles.

I never would have dreamed of doing something like this just a few months ago. Today when I stepped on the scales they registered 64 pounds lighter than they did in June!

It has been difficult lately (during the holidays and with cold weather) to stay motivated with my fitness routine. Preparing for this challenge will give me a new goal to work toward and keep me focused.

I am so excited and a little scared, I must admit. I've never done more that six miles at one time and to say "that's been awhile" is an understatement.

By putting the word out I will hopefully have some folks keeping me accountable and "holding my feet to the fire"--I imagine they'll really feel like they're on fire by the time I get finished.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Go, Jim!!

It's so amazing that you've lost that much weight in that amount of time. I don't even have enough will-power to lose 5 lbs.

Anonymous said...

Jim, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep us posted of your progress and congrats on your weight loss...you have SO MUCH to be proud of!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear about your progression!

GOOOOOOOOOO JIM!!!!!