Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Monday


On Mondays, I usually feel like this little guy looks. It's not that Sundays are hard, just that I tend to stay up a little too late watching TV. (I'm usually so keyed up after watching The Amazing Race that hours pass before I begin to get sleepy :).

I think I have
SAD, so a gloomy Monday morning in the winter really gets me down. Even on a mild day, sunsets in the middle of the afternoon are difficult to adjust to.

Today, however, is anything but gloomy: bright and sunny with a high temp of 72 degrees expected--it's nice! I hope to take some time on my lunch break to go outside and take a walk.

Hope you're having a good Monday where you are.

6 comments:

Brian said...

It's so warm here that we used the air conditioner in the car on the way home from church yesterday. But... global warming is a myth. ;)

Have a great Monday!

"pastor" Jim Thompson said...

Yeah, right.

I'm joining Greenpeace and moving to Switzerland.

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/600-strip-naked-on-glacier-in

Brian said...

Ha! I'm thinking more about Canada. Marriage, free health care, AND snow.

BTW, I love the baby pic.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah no one wants to hear about your 70 degree days. Big braggers. We got to a whopping 35 on Sunday and yesterday was 37. Heave wave.

Pastor Jim, I have a friend who has SAD and she uses lights to help. I thought for a while I might have it.

Infact I bought a book about it that I didn't even open. Let me find it and see if it's something you've read or are interested in. I can mail it if you are interested - I'm good at mailing. ;)

~Sister Free

Unknown said...

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!
That's the GREATEST pic! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!


Chris

Anonymous said...

LOL...I totally get you about the Amazing Race!! Hard to sleep after a show like that!

I have heard about those lights for SAD...some people just use them for 20 minutes a day, like when they are watching TV and such. Might be worth a try, I hear it works wonders for people who really have SAD. I know that living in Colorado, we are totally spoiled by the sun. One cloudy day makes me crabby, but that probably doesn't qualify as offical SAD...