Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bumper Stickers

I'm going to make some bumper stickers to express my views on a few subjects:

First, to express my anti-war sentiments:

A camouflage background with the letters

WWJK? Who Would Jesus Kill?


I'm also toying with the idea of doing one in response to PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Don't get me wrong, I love animals and I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals. I am becoming vegan, moving more a more to a plant-based diet. The problem I have with PETA is the way I've seen some of their members treat people (anger, harrassment, cursing) in an effort to get their point across.

So I'm starting a group called

P.E.T.H. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Humans.

Let's not forget to treat each other at least as well as we want the animals to be treated.

Speaking of treating people with decency, I'm a little tired of the "hate speech" I hear coming from some pastors and pulpits these days, especially in regards to issues like race, immigration and homosexuality. It's not an original idea with me, but in addition to American United for the Separation of Church and State I want to form a group called

Christ Followers United for the Separation of Church and Hate

Another un-original idea, but one I like: In response to the bumper stickers I've seen that say "In case of rapture this car will be unmanned", I like this one:


In Case of Rapture...can I have your car?!

Keep smiling and don't let anyone rob you of your sense of humor, but please feel free to give it away :)

3 comments:

Brian said...

Some of those might get your car keyed, but I like them anyway! :)

"pastor" Jim Thompson said...

Thanks. BTW, I dive a '93 Honda with 215,000+ miles, so I'm not TOO worried about it. It does get nearly 40 mpg, which comes in handy with gas prices being what they are these days.

JimT

Darla said...

Jeepers Pastor Jim, warn a girl before ya hand out a statement like that - I nearly choked.