Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Thanksgiving Hymn

In the Ancient Hebrew Hymnal (The Book of "Psalms" in the Bible) there are many songs of praise to God. Perhaps the most popular Psalm is a great song for the Thanksgiving season:

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want"
– Thank you God for meeting all my needs.

"He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul"
– Thank you God for nourishing my body and spirit.

"He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake"
– Thank you God for giving me wisdom and courage to make decisions that please you.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for you are with me"
– Thank you God for your presence and your peace.

"Your rod and staff they comfort me"
– Thank you God for your protection and discipline.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies"
– Thank you God for vindicating me, for blessing me as I honor you.

"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows"
– Thank you God for your abundant blessings.

"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life"
– Thank you God for your constant care, your patience and forgiveness.

"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever"
– Thank you God that death is not the end of the road, just a bend in the road. Thank you for meeting my eternal needs as well as me everyday needs.

No comments: